Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh How I Love to Sew

Hi all! So I've been thinking... I know scarey thought!! I love sewing, it is so relaxing and fun, and a great way to express your creativity. Every eye is different... no matter the project. I've been sewing with a few gals for the last few months, and we've made (some are still in process) two quilts. Each project, though the end product is the same, are quite different. I hadn't thought to take pictures of the projects... so I don't have anything to share with you now...
I love that you can take something and make it so different. You never stop learning to be creative when you sew... even the littlest, simplist projects can and do become great works of art (okay some aren't "Great works of art", but you get the idea).

Rachel and Zann commented on one of my earlier blogs about learning to sew... I've always loved to help people learn to sew... because of all the things I just mentioned, and more... I've taught sewing classes in the past, and always enjoyed it... so why not teach a new project now? hmm....

What do you all think? Would you want to take a one day class? Learn how to make placemats, or slippers, or an apron, etc? We can do quilts, but I thought it would be fun to do smaller projects first, just to get your feet wet.

Anyway, let me know what you think... and if there is enough interest I will get something set up! Oh I love to sew!

5 comments:

bloomers shoppe said...

What if you don't have a sewing machine?! I really don't want to learn how to sew simple things...I would definitely be down for a "workshop." I think it would be a great benefit with the business so I can sew my own table runners and different things. But NO sewing machine here... :( What would prices be for a one-day workshop? I'm excited. :)

Kat said...

I can barrow a few sewing machines.... that shouldn't be an issue. As far as price goes, it really depends on the project and how long it takes. I am happy to help anyone learn to sew...

starbubbs said...

I do! I do! I do...
I want an apron...

bloomers shoppe said...

Oh I love arpons! Tara made me one for Christmas and it is so cute :)

Kat said...

Tag I'm it?? I may be having a ditzy moment... but I am not sure what that is supposed to mean.