That's us on a 'family' outting to the bowling alley... turns out my man has been bowling for most of his life... guess I better start practicing!!!
Okay so the story goes something like this... sorry if it's too long... but when it's love there is always a lot to say...
We, individually, started a program called Leadership Visalia, through the Visalia Chamber of Commerce. It's a program designed to train up and coming leaders who can and will make a positive influence on our community. I was a few minutes late... go figure... and quickly sat down. We as a class did some fun activities and then went on to a welcome reception that evening... a few weeks later we went to the mountains for a two day bonding retreat. Those two days were packed so full of information that my head literally felt like it weighed a ton. I was a little surprised when I logged into Facebook that night that Evan had already requested my friendship... we really didn't talk that much at retreat. Well over the next few weeks we chatted some on Facebook and even hung out a few times. We were becoming pretty good friends... but I really didn't think too much about it... UNTIL...
One night he came over to watch a movie and I spent more time watching him than I did the movie. My mind was a mess... I wondered what his hair felt like, and what would he think if I randomly ran my fingers through his hair. He was so sweet and nice to everyone... I thought he had a crush, but how did I feel?? We were classmates after all... and I really wanted to be professional. I was there to learn not fall in love with anyone. When Evan left that evening there was an akward moment, I didn't know if I should hug him or just say good night. I went with the latter, but still wondered what was happening. Later that night I was talking with my sister and I got a text from Evan that asked if it was okay for him to think of me as more than a friend or classmate. I was shocked, I couldn't breathe or think... I sat there on my sister's bed dumfounded. He sent another text that said he almost kissed me good night and that he needed to know if his interest in me was okay, if it wasn't he needed to know. Well first things first, I couldn't let this guy just pass me by... I let him know that I was struggling with my thoughts about his hair and we both took that as a good sign. We had class the following day and decided after much conversation (until 4 am) that we would go on a date after class, but we didn't need the class knowing about us, because the reality is, we didn't really know each other that well.
We spent the next day 'trying to act normal', it worked, no one caught on to us. Our date that night was Thai food and bowling. We were nervous and full of smiles... and it was just so much fun. Since that day we've spent nearly every day together even for a few minutes. We have learned so much about each other and we are quite simular... we both are silly, we both sing (off key) and neither one of us can dance (but we keep trying). We laugh all the time. We both understand and appreciate the 'team mentality'. He is shy and quiet, I am loud and out spoken. We play so well off of each other that we truly are a 'WE'.
Oh... fun side note... above I said that we didn't talk much at retreat and we were just class mates... turns out Evan had been trying to get my attention since the first day he met me and almost gave up cause I ignored his dozen or so attempts while on retreat. Good thing he tried again!!
We spent the next 4 months dating, our families and friends knew, but our entire class didn't know. We were quite lucky, cause we did all our Christmas shopping together and all our dates and no one ever caught us! It was so much fun! So in December Evan started the marriage talk. I knew it would eventually happen (or at least I hoped) but I also knew that he needed to work it out in his head and heart first. Well in January, we both were ready to admit that there would be a wedding in our future, and we even started talking about how it would be, what we liked, we even went to a bridal show. It wasn't official as there still wasn't a ring, but it was just a matter of time.
We eventually found a ring... isn't it gorgeous?? 
And he proposed on Valentine's Day. We were in Las Vegas... We were redeming a trip that we won at Halloween. And while we were there he surprised me with a tour of the Grand Canyon... Amazing! Oh the story is great, but better for another blog... in the mean time, check out these photos... 
Did you notice the snow?? And my attire? Can you tell I didn't know we were going to the Grand Canyon? The only thing he told me was to be ready to go down in the hotel lobby at 6 am. When I asked him what I should wear he told me 'Whatever is comfortable'... so I dressed comfortable for Vegas... When I found out where we were going I was so excited... but I couldn't help but chuckle every time the entire tour group looked at me and then whispered... I wanted to tell them all that 'This was a surprise... I didn't know!!' But in the end I got to cuddle next to my love ALL DAY long... who wouldn't love that??? So now what?? Well... this blog is insanely long... and I am tired... but now we are planning a wedding... and you'll have to stay tuned to find out the wedding details! Thanks for reading!!!
~Kat


No comments:
Post a Comment