So I promised pictures of Arkansas, and while I make every attempt to be a woman of my word... I am not always so great at all the details... like taking lots of pictures so I can choose the best ones of the bunch. So here they are...
This is looking out the airplane window... I think I was flying into Texas at the time.

This is the side of the freeway... the wild flowers are amazing!!!



Random green pictures... Arkansas is known as the Natural State... and boy is the nature beautiful!

The next day we started our day (at noon-ish) with Pedicures, followed by lunch at a San Francisco Bread Co. cafe... Delicious... they had comfy chairs that we literally sank into and ottomans... very nice. We followed lunch with a drive by one of the many lakes... Lake Kaweah's got nothing on Lake Hamilton (I think... can't remember the name, so I am guessing)...

Do you see the condos right on the lake?? There were houses all around the lake...
So Ashlee and Jason used to live in Hot Springs Village, AR. They have since moved north to a little town called Benton. But Ashlee wanted to share the historic Hot Springs with me... and I am so glad she did. The photos above are from "Bath House Row". It's a downtown area with beautiful bath houses lining one side of the street. Now the facination is that there are natural hot springs that bubble up... see the fountain picture above. The water is thought to be healing water and is naturally hot... you could probably steep tea with the natural tempature. Anyway we were allowed to look in one of the bath houses and let me tell you the beauty is definately on the outside... the interior is just swimming pools... but yes the water is the hot springs.



More pictures from Bath House Row... I included a interior picture
Oh, we did go get Ashlee's hair cut. That was fun. I think what I enjoyed most about this vacation is spending time with Ashlee... we did all sorts of girl stuff, shopping, pedi's, hair... we even managed to find a Sephoria so we could play in the make up. We also went to see a girlie movie... Jason was great the whole time too... I kept teasing him that he really didn't like me and that's why he wouldn't hang with us, and finally he said that Ashlee never gets to do the 'girl' stuff and she finally has someone to do that with so he was giving her that time. By the time Saturday came around I was ready to go see Anthony... and I would have been more than happy to rush home... but LA was calling me... and why waste the whole weekend, since I would be down there anyway... So yup you guessed it... I stayed the night in LA and ran around there till Sunday afternoon and then, tired and grumpy, finally managed to make it back to Visalia.
Ashlee and I stopped had lunch at McAlisters in Little Rock (this is the day after I got there)
This is the side of the freeway... the wild flowers are amazing!!!
Random green pictures... Arkansas is known as the Natural State... and boy is the nature beautiful!
The next day we started our day (at noon-ish) with Pedicures, followed by lunch at a San Francisco Bread Co. cafe... Delicious... they had comfy chairs that we literally sank into and ottomans... very nice. We followed lunch with a drive by one of the many lakes... Lake Kaweah's got nothing on Lake Hamilton (I think... can't remember the name, so I am guessing)...
Do you see the condos right on the lake?? There were houses all around the lake...
So Ashlee and Jason used to live in Hot Springs Village, AR. They have since moved north to a little town called Benton. But Ashlee wanted to share the historic Hot Springs with me... and I am so glad she did. The photos above are from "Bath House Row". It's a downtown area with beautiful bath houses lining one side of the street. Now the facination is that there are natural hot springs that bubble up... see the fountain picture above. The water is thought to be healing water and is naturally hot... you could probably steep tea with the natural tempature. Anyway we were allowed to look in one of the bath houses and let me tell you the beauty is definately on the outside... the interior is just swimming pools... but yes the water is the hot springs.
More pictures from Bath House Row... I included a interior picture
Oh, we did go get Ashlee's hair cut. That was fun. I think what I enjoyed most about this vacation is spending time with Ashlee... we did all sorts of girl stuff, shopping, pedi's, hair... we even managed to find a Sephoria so we could play in the make up. We also went to see a girlie movie... Jason was great the whole time too... I kept teasing him that he really didn't like me and that's why he wouldn't hang with us, and finally he said that Ashlee never gets to do the 'girl' stuff and she finally has someone to do that with so he was giving her that time. By the time Saturday came around I was ready to go see Anthony... and I would have been more than happy to rush home... but LA was calling me... and why waste the whole weekend, since I would be down there anyway... So yup you guessed it... I stayed the night in LA and ran around there till Sunday afternoon and then, tired and grumpy, finally managed to make it back to Visalia.
I will post pictures of LA in the next blog... this one is getting way too long as it is!
1 comment:
Post a Comment