40 years ago this Sunday, My parent's tied the knot. They committed their lives to each other, and lived happily ever after.... Right?
Well, 40 years, 6 kids, 5 grand kids (and one on the way) later, they are still happily enjoying each other's company.
I had a conversation with a co worker today (he's close to my folks age) and he said he preferred not to talk to his wife. He loves private vacations and doesn't mind it if he doesn't see his wife in a whole day...and I got very sad for him. I realized how blessed I was to have my parents not only still married, but enjoying their marriage after so many years.
So, Mom and Dad, I bless you in your years to come. And thank you for enjoying each other! I love you both and wish you many more years together.
Congratulations!!
Love ya,
Kathy
No comments:
Post a Comment