I've heard amazing stories about how fearless Anthony is while atop these horses. In one weekend, the horse he was riding started bucking, but Anthony held on. The adults that were with him got nervous, and even a little scared, but Anthony held tight, and didn't fall off. I believe it was the same day, the horse did something and Anthony started to slide ended up half off the horse, but again, I little rodeo star held on and righted himself, and rode off into the sunset! Okay, not really, it was the middle of the afternoon, and he didn't ride off. I wasn't present to see all of my son's 'tricks'. But hearing then from those who were present was amazing. I don't know if Anthony knows how truly proud I am of him.
So yesterday, Nancy, my sister wanted to go riding. She took a horse riding class at C.O.S. a few years ago, and hasn't gone riding since. She arranged with Danny, our friend, to have us (me included) go out with him to the horses. Now you need to understand something here... I don't like making a fool of myself, unless I am with my Junior High Kids at Church. I don't like falling, I don't like doing things unless I know what I am doing... Something about being rediculous in public. So I planned on taking my camera, like the good mom that I am, and snapping photos of my kid in action. I planned on taking pictures of Nancy falling off (assuming that she would). And I thought about thinking about riding a horse. But I didn't actually plan on getting up on a horse. I planned on harrassing everyone (as in my nature). So we get there... and I pull the "I'm just a girl" card... didn't work. Nancy got on to me. So Anthony starts getting the horses ready, he is quite familar with the process by now, and doesn't need to be reminded... funny... I still remind him to pick up after himself... Anyway, I snapped a few pictures... See below.
Then comes the brushing and saddling of the horses, and let me tell you, he's a pro.
So now he's ready to ride... In the mean time of him preparing the horses, I've attempted to put my boots on (old pair barrowed from Danny). They hurt... they hadn't been worn is a long, long time... I had to dunk them in water to loosen them.... that is after Danny scooped out the cobwebs! Nancy barrowed his better pair, no cobwebs. So now we have our boots on.... and we are patiently waiting our turns to ride the horses.... Can you see me being patient? I actually wasn't bad, remember, I never planned on getting up on the horse.
Anthony got up on the horse, and actually sat still long enough for me to snap a few pictures. And then he was off... riding that is! Danny's friend came out for a bit, and the two of them were talking horse talk.... Nancy and I sat staring at the horse trailer, cause our chairs were not in a good spot.... we thought about moving them, but then we would be in the way.
Nancy finally had her turn, and she loved it. She remembered her training from her class, and rode for a good long time. I sat patiently trying to figure out an excuse, cause my turn was next. I couldn't think of a good one, so up I went. I made sure Nancy took pictures to prove it... but after looking at them, I decided I had nothing to prove.... remember you are supposed to slotch a little and be loose.... not a pretty image of me.. But here are some of Nancy!
While Nancy was on the horse, she got to go ride in the field, but not I... I was told to walk the horse up and down this dirt driveway.... it was maybe 100 feet long... up and down. I had to practice walking the horse, turning her, stopping her, backing her up, and doing it all again and again. I liked the stopping part.... all I had to do it put my feet out, and stop she did! I think she was relieved when I got off of her, and a more experienced rider got on... then she could run!
So after my riding adventure was over the boys got back on once again, and rode off into the trees (orange trees). I went to put my feet up, cause I had a long hard walk up and down the road! I didn't think to take a picture of it until my feet were up and hat was covering my face, like a true cowboy... by then my camera was in the truck... Sorry
All in all, it was fun to spend the day in my son's world. He wasn't too upset to share it with me, and even allowed me the freedom to be a little silly. I hung on the fence, and watched him as he rode back from the trees, and I was so proud. My little man is growing up and doing so well!
Thanks for reading.... I know this one is long!
No comments:
Post a Comment