I am sure I can come up with this ideas on my own, but why take the trouble when someone else already has! Now I get to make them and love them. Okay, so I know you are dying to know what the first few projects are.... so here you go. The first a retro apron, and the second is a placemat.
I am working on the pot holders to match, that's the third project. And the forth is a floor pillow. I'll share them when they are done.
6 comments:
Oooo! I love this fabric! :) And I am not a sewer but I came across Amy's blog several months ago and IT IS SO FUN! So fresh! It made ME want to sew and order some of her fabric!! I am glad to know someone who is recreating some of her work so I can see it in person. And who knows, maybe one day you will teach me some stuff and I will have to borrow that book! :)
PS. Did you only make one placemat?!
Ok, I am totally a liar! It is not Amy Butler that I loved. It was Heather Bailey's blog that I saw so long ago and loved. I am a dork. But I am still excited about your stuff :)
I made four placemats, with plans to make two more. The fabric isn't Amy Butler, but the pattern is. The fabric is by Timeless Treasures... I think. I would be happy to teach you to sew... and making placemats are great beginner projects. I absolutely love it when I can help people discover the fun of sewing.
I **heart** this book too! Funs tuff. I just wish I had time to actually do it. Maybe if I quit reading blogs . . .
Ummm...I love I love I love and I want to make an apron so Scotty can come home from work and laugh at me, I mean tell me how cute I am wearing an apron. It might sound silly but I've always wanted an apron. And everytime I go into Pacific Treasures, I pick one out but never buy it! I want to learn how...TEACH ME!
Oh, and by the way Rachel - she is a GREAT teacher!
Post a Comment